Disability Support Worker
Hi I am Paige and I am 21 years old and studying my 4th year of occupational therapy at Deakin. I am outgoing and fun and am always up to try everything! I have extensive experience working with children with a wide range of abilities including within a special school setting. I am passionate about inclusivity and helping clients to build their skills at their own pace in a calm and enjoyable environment. In my spare time i love going out for lunch with friends and going on road trips to the beach.
SOME QUIRKY Q&A:
- In another life, I'm pretty sure I was a cat because you will frequently find me basking in the sub
- If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd use the money to go travelling and to improve inclusive educations in all settings so all children and families can get the most out of their education experience.
- The best piece of advice I've ever been given is you always get out what you put in
- If I could invent a holiday, it would definitely involve a holiday that is fully inclusive to people of all abilities and fulfils all sensory needs. It provides activities that can be modified for individuals so everyone can enjoy all aspects the holiday can offer in a safe and comfortable environment.
- What advice would you give a candidate who wants to join our team of superstars? Embrace the collaborative and supportive environment and be willing to try new things. Have trust in yourself and know you have a supportive team behind you and that you can always ask for advice.
- If I weren't so damn good at my job, I would be a teacher
- Cats or dogs? Dogs
- What's the most inspiring part of your job? Building trusting relationships with clients and their families and watching children achieve their goals!
- The most important thing I learned before high school was Its ok to let go of friends if they are not filling your bucket
- If I were a superhero, my superpower would be To be able to speak and understand every language in the world!When I was 5, I wanted to be a fashion designer
- If you were a pasta shape, what shape would you be and why? Tortellini because they are inviting and have a delicious centre!!