Disability Support Worker
G’day, my names Stu and I am currently in my 3rd year of psychology at Deakin. I’m a calm and collected person but I’m also very kind and love to have fun. I have 2 siblings that attend Barwon Valley that have a primary diagnosis of ASD, so I’m pretty in tune with their needs and have no problem accommodating others’. My goal is to create an environment as calm and as trusting as possible for my clients so they know they are safe and can enjoy their time with me.In my spare time I enjoy playing a bit of footy, video games and watching movies or TV shows. I also love to get outside and enjoy spending time with family and friends.
1. In another life, I'm pretty sure I was a gorilla
2. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd buy my mum a big house on a huge block of land
3. The best piece of advice I've ever been given is you get out what you put in
4. If I could invent a holiday, it would be national Chinese food day. I love Chinese food.
5. What advice would you give a candidate who wants to join our team of superstars? Be willing to give new things a go, you never know what could happen.
6. If I weren't so damn good at my job, I’d be a an astronaut
7. Cats or dogs? Dogs!
8. What's the most inspiring part of your job? Being able to see my clients smile. It makes my day everytime.
9. The most important thing I learned before high school was, be kind. It’s free and can make someone’s day.
10. If I were a superhero, I’d definitely be spiderman.
11. When I was 5, I was pretty sure I'd be a policeman.
12. If you were a pasta shape, what shape would you be and why? I’d be ravioli, because I’m filled with goodness.